[All Japan News] All Japan Pro-Wrestling held a public press conference at the J:COM Wonder Studio at the Tokyo Skytree for the upcoming 2013 Champion Carnival tournament. 10 out of the 12 participating wrestlers were on hand to meet with the press before the tournament as it is set to begin on April 18th at the Korakuen Hall. Akebono and Joe Doering both appeared via video (VTR) to give their thoughts on the upcoming tournament as well.
A BLOCK ■ Suwama: This marks the 9th time for Suwama to be involved in the Champion Carnival tournament. Suwama has picked up a win in the tournament back in 2008 and looks to do the same this year as he reigning Triple Crown champion. Suwama’s goal is to remain undefeated in the tournament and claim the big win on April 29th. ■ Tako Omori: Omori’s main goal this year has been laid out as “stop Burning.” Omori has already fallen to defeat by the hands of Burning in the loss of the World Tag belts, but he aims to reclaim his loss and to keep Burning from further “gather strength” in All Japan. Of course Omori still aims to win the tournament and go after the TC once again as well. ■ Seiya Sanada: This will mark Sanada’s fifth year of competing in the CC. He only has one goal this year “Just win.” ■ Masayuki Kono: This marks the 4th year for Kono to be involved in the tournament. He aims to make this tournament a standout for himself and aims to face his mentor Funaki in the Finals on April 29th. ■ Ryota Hama: This will be the 5th time Hama has competed in the Carnival. In the past, Hama has yet to leave with the best results in the end, but this year he seems to have a new found sense of momentum to carry him in the tournament. Hama stated that he looks forward to the matches with his fellow All Japan comrades in KAI, Sanada, and Kono. He wants to work hard to prove himself and aim to once again be called the Triple Crown champion. ■ Go Shiozaki: This marks the debut for Shiozaki in the CC and he only aims to walk away with victory. He stated that he would like to face Akiyama in the finals and for Burning to carry the momentum throughout the Carnival.
B BLOCK ■ Maskatsu Funaki: This will mark the 3rd time that Funaki has competing in the CC. No one in the B Block has managed to win the CC in the past, but Funaki aims to proceed carefully and decisively in each of his bouts. Funaki seems to be working towards a match by match plan to make sure he advances to the finals. Funaki will have one of the heaviest schedules in the tournament as he is scheduled for a CC match back to back for the first 4 days. ■ KENSO: This marks KENSO’s 3rd year in the tournament. KENSO will be up against Akiyama first thing and he seems to be only concerned with that match at this time. A win over Akiyama would do wonders in raising KENSO’s confidence as he aims for victory. ■ KAI: This will be KAI’s first time competing in the CC and he aims to make an impact since his transition to become a Heavyweight class wrestler. KAI acknowledged that he might be a little smaller than everyone else, but he aims to fight with his full heart and soul to claim victory. ■ Jun Akiyama: This year marks Akiyama’s 10th time for competing in the CC, and he aims to go to the Finals and once again get a shot at the Triple Crown. “Intense match, Please expect. I will do my best.” ■ Akebono: This year will be the 2nd time for Akebono to compete in the CC, and he wants to do his best to try and go to the finals. ■ Joe Doering: This will be Doering’s 4th year competing in the CC. Doering aims to face his fellow LAST REVOLUTION teammate, Suwma, in the finals and show the fans a great match. He wants to showcase what L/R is all about and hopes to meet the expectations of the fans. He aims to be a worthy challenger for the Triple Crown.
[All Japan Champion Carnival 2013 News] All Japan Pro-Wrestling announced the 12 competitors that will be involved in this years Champion Carnival tournament.
GAORA SPECIAL 2013 Champion Carnival competitors:
◆ Suwama [LAST REVOLUTION/Current Triple Crown Champion] (2008 Winner) ◆ Masakatsu Funaki [STACK OF ARMS] ◆ Takao Omori [GET WILD] ◆ KENSO [Team Bichitto] ◆ Masayuki Kono [STACK OF ARMS] ◆ Seiya Sanada ◆ KAI (CC debut) ◆ Ryota Hama [SMOP] ◆ Akebono [SMOP] ◆ Jun Akiyama [Burning] ◆ Go Shiozaki [Burning] (CC debut) ◆ Joe Doering [LAST REVOLUTION]
The 2013 Champion Carnival tournament is set to begin on April 18th (Korakuen Hall) and will end with the Finals on April 29th (Korakuen Hall). There will be semi-finals held for this tournament, with the 2 highest ranked wrestlers per block, via points, will move on to the semi’s. The tournament will be conducted under PWF rules. Regular block matches will be conducted under a 30 min. time limit with the semi-finals and final match held under no time limit. 2 points will be awarded to the winner of the match, 1 point will be awarded for a draw, and 0 points will be given for a loss, double ring out, or no contest.
All Japan Official Video: “HOLD OUT TOUR 2013”, 3/13/2013 Event Digest
All Japan Pro-Wrestling “HOLD OUT TOUR 2013”, 3/13/2013 [Wed] 18:30 @ Hirosaki City Kasai Sports Center in Aomori 1,350 Spectators
(1) Yasufumi Nakanoueno vs. Any Woo (2) KENSO vs. SUSHI (3) Akebono & Ryota Hama vs. Seiya Sanada & Reid Flair ~ Sanada celebrated his 6th year as a pro wrestler today with a win. Sanada stated that he is determined to beat KAI on 3/17.
(6) Triple Crown Prelude 6 Man Tag Match: Masakatsu Funaki, Masayuki Kono & Minoru Tanaka vs. Suwama, Joe Doering & Shuji Kondo ~ The reigning Triple Crown Champion, Funaki, celebrated his 44th birthday this day in his hometown.
(4) Asia Tag Prelude All Japan vs. Burning Tag Match: Hiroshi Yamato & Koji Kanemoto vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Atsushi Aoki ~ Kaz Hayashi was noted to have had plenty of negative remarks against Kanemaru.
(5) World Tag Championship Prelude All Japan vs. Burning 6 Man Tag Match: Takao Omori, Manabu Soya & Kaz Hayashi vs. Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki & Kotaro Suzuki Akiyama stated that he is determined to produce results (nothing but victory) for Burning’s leader, Kenta Kobashi, on 3/17.
~ It was announced that Kenta Kobashi will be appearing at the All Japan show on March 17 at the Sumo Hall to greet with the fans. Kobashi’s retirement will be held on May 11 at the Nippon Budokan and this appearance seems to be surely pointing towards All Japan being involved in his final show.
All Japan Official Video: “HOLD OUT TOUR 2013”, 3/12/2013 at Yamagata Big Wing
All Japan Pro-Wrestling “HOLD OUT TOUR 2013”, 3/12/2013 [Tue] 18:30 @ Yamagata Big Wing 850 Spectators
(1) Hiroshi Yamato vs. Andy Woo (2) KENSO vs. SUSHI ~ KENSO declared a war against the new owner of All Japan, Nobuo Shiraishi. ~ If you do not know the story… all that you should really know is that the new owner has proposed a talent exchange “lock-down” which has in turn caused an uproar among wrestlers throughout Japan.
(6) Triple Crown Prelude Tag Match: Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono vs. Suwama & Joe Doering
(4) World Junior & Asia Tag Double Championship Prelude All Japan vs. Burning 6 Man Tag Match: Kaz Hayashi, Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki ~ Kaz once again stated that he will recapture the World Junior belt from Kanemaru.
(5) World Tag Championship Prelude All Japan vs. Burning Tag Match: Takao Omori & Yasufumi Nakanoueno vs. Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki
[DRADITION News] A press conference was held for DRADITION to announce that they will be holding a show on May 29, as well two of the matches that will be held on the show.
Fujinami, Tiger Mask, Funaki and AKIRA were on hand for the press conference. Fujinami started off by saying that this is the first step for himself to make a new impact, something exciting, and that is why he chose Funaki as one of his opponents. Fujinami is familiar with Funaki from watching over him in practice in the mid-1980’s and up until Funaki left to MMA. Funaki has sense made himself a name in Japan from his time in MMA and now being the reigning All Japan Triple Crown Champion.
Because of their connection when Funaki was starting out, Funaki feels that this match has a pretty special feeling already for himself, and hopefully for the fans as well.
There was also mention that Tatsumi Fujinami’s eldest son, Leona Fujinami , could “potentially” be making his debut on the show.
Below you can see all that has been announced at this time.
DRADITION “Return to the Origin ~ BATTLE NEW VIBRATION 2013”, 5/29/2013 [Wed] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
Announced Matches: (-) Riki Choshu & Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] & Kazuki Hashimoto [BJW] (-) Tatsumi Fujinami & The First Tiger Mask [RJPW] vs. Masakatsu Funaki [AJP] & AKIRA [WNC]
~ Announced to be competing: TAJIRI, Hiro Saito, Mitsuya Nagai, Bear Fukuda, Noboyuki Kurashima, Gran Hamada, Alexander Otsuka, Akitoshi Saito, Tomoaki Honma, Kazushi Miyamoto, MAZADA, NOSAWA Rongai, Shinya Ishikawa, MAX Miyazawa…
(5) World Tag Prelude ~ All Japan vs. Burning 6 Man Tag Match: Takao Omori, Manabu Soya & Hiroshi Yamato vs. Jun Akiyama, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki
Notes: 1 / 3 months ago
All Japan Official Videos for February 8, 2013
Keiji Mutoh, Masakatsu Funaki & Minoru Suzuki vs. Suwama, Seiya Sanada & KAI from January 2, 2011 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Akebono & Ryota Hama, Asia Tag Match, from January 3, 2012 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
Notes: 1 / 3 months ago
[All Japan News] AJP announced the updated event cards for the upcoming tour in February. Among the announcements is Burning’s Jun Akiyama, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki participating on every scheduled show throughout the month, with Go Shiozaki & Atsushi Aoki making their debut’s for All Japan on February 23rd. Reid Flair was also announced to be competing on all the shows, and his matches have been announced.
This months shows will be centered around the final show of the tour on February 23rd and the upcoming Pro Wrestling LOVE in Ryogoku on March 17th. The 2/23 show will see the World Jr. belt being defended by Shuji Kondo vs. Kanemaru as well as the rest of Burning being involved in singles competition. The the show on 3/17 will see Funaki vs. Suwama for the Triple Crown, as well as “GET WILD” Omori & Soya defending the World Tag belts against Burning’s Akiyama & Shiozaki.
All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2013 Excite Series”, 2/9/2013 [Sat] 17:30 @ Kyoto KBS Hall
(1) 3WAY Match: Masanobu Fuchi vs. Andy Woo vs. MAZADA (2) Seiya Sanada & Yasufumi Nakanoueno vs. Manabu Soya & Reid Flair (3) KENSO vs. SUSHI (4) Akebono & Ryota Hama vs. Tomoaki Honma & Kazushi Miaymoto
(5) World Tag & World Junior Double Prelude Match ~ All Japan vs. Burning 6 Man Tag Match: Takao Omori, Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo vs. Jun Akiyama, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki
(6) Triple Crown & All Asia Double Prelude Elimination Tag Match: Masakatsu Funaki, Masayuki Kono, Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto vs. Suwama, Joe Doering, Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato ~ Over the top rope elmination will be counted.
[All Japan News] Following this last weekends big show, All Japan has officially announced four upcoming title matches.
The first will take place on February 10th as the newly crowned Asia Tag Champions team of Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato, better known as “Baka Hentai”, will be facing off against the team they beat of Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto, the Junior Stars. Baka Hentai pulled out a huge win over the champions, but it should be interesting to see if they can work together and prove they are the rightful champions.
Following the main event from the show on January 26th, Masakatsu Funaki successfully defended the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship against Akebono. It didn’t take long for a new challenger to step forward in, a former Triple Crown Champion, Suwama, and the title match will be taking place on March 17th in Ryogoku. Suwama recently formed a union with Masahiro Chono, along with Joe Doering, and with that has come a new drive in Suwama to reclaim the Triple Crown. This will mark Funaki’s 5th defense of the Triple Crown, and the second shot for Suwama during Funaki’s current reign, with 9/23 being the date for their recent encounter.
The last title match announced over the weekend is “GET WILD”, Takao Omori and Manabu Soya, defending the World Tag Belts against the team of Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki on the March 17th show. Akiyama, Shiozaki, as well as the other 3 wrestlers appeared at the January 26th show to announce their intentions of competing in All Japan.The President of All Japan, Masayuki Uchida, took no time in announcing big matches to add even more hype for the guys coming in. Then lastly, Uchida announced that Shuji Kondo will be defending the World Junior belt against Yoshinobu Kanemaru on February 23rd. These two are far from strangers between one another with their last title match seeing Kondo beat Kanemaru for the GHC Junior belt on September 29th. Kanemaru debuted in All Japan back on July of 1996 and will be looking to claim the belt that eluded him during the early years of his career.
Below are the upcoming title matches that are scheduled at this time. ——————————————————————— All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2013 Excite Series”, 2/10/2013 [Sun] 18:00 @ Hakata Starlanes in Fukuoka
(-) Asia Tag Championship Match: [90th Champions] “Baka Hentai” Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato vs. [Challengers] “Junior Stars” Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto ~ 1st Defense. ——————————————————————— All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2013 Excite Series”, 2/23/2013 [Sat] 18:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(-) All Japan Pro-Wrestling vs Burning 5 Big Singles Match Series ~ World Junior Heavy Championship Match: [34th Champion] Shuji Kondo vs. [Challenger] Yoshinobu Kanemaru ~ 1st Defense. ——————————————————————— All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2013 Pro Wrestling LOVE in Ryogoku ~BASIC & DYNAMIC~”, 3/17/2013 [Sun] 17:00 @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo
(-) World Tag Championship Match: [64th Champions] “GET WILD” Takao Omori & Manabu Soya vs. [Challengers] “BURNING” Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki ~ 3rd Defense.
[All Japan News] All Japan held a final press conference before their big show on 1.26.
A few of the talent involved in the big matches of the show were on hand from Masakatsu Funaki, Akebono, Keiji Mutoh, Ric Flair, and Masahiro Chono.
During the press conference, Flair stated that Mutoh is one of the best in Japan. Flair is apparently all about business first though as he said he will be training tonight (500 free squats) along with hitting up the wrestler famous Ribera Steakhouse, then tomorrow wrestle then afterwords he is looking to hit up Roppongi’s night life and maybe Shinjuku’s. He said that he is very excited to be in Japan, and is looking forward to the match tomorrow.
The event will be headlined by Funaki defending the Triple Crown against Akebono. This will be a tough match for Funaki in giving up over 100kg to his opponent, but Funaki stated that he has been building up the mental strength to prepare himself. Akebono stated that their is a sense of good tension for himself and he plans to make the most of this chance that has been laid before him.
Keiji Mutoh said that this show will be a perfect showing of the “BASIC & DYNAMIC” slogan that All Japan will be using to represent 2013. His match alone will showcase the basic style of pro wrestling with Fujinami and Flair being involved, then Sanada showcasing the Dynamic with his young and gifted style. He is very excited to see what may happen at tomorrow’s show.
Reid Flair also got some a moment to talk to the press and he said that he is familiar with the Japanese style of wrestling and has seen Keiji Mutoh as his favorite. He mentioned the fact that he has been a professional wrestler since “2006” and he is excited to be able to compete in Japan. * All Japan said 2006, but on his profile they state his debut in 2008, probably a mix up in numbers on their part.
Below is the full card for the upcoming show.
All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2013 New Year Shining Series”, 1/26/2013 [Sat] 17:00 @ Ota City General Gymnasium
(1) Shuji Kondo & MAZADA vs. SUSHI & Andy Woo (2) Masayuki Kono & Masanobu Fuchi vs. Tomoaki Honma [G-TALENT] & Kazushi Miyamoto [Tenryu Project] (3) KENSO & Kaz Hayashi vs. Jimmy Yang & Reid Flair
(4) BJW World Strong Heavy Championship Match: [2nd Champion] Manabu Soya vs. [Challenger] Yoshihito Sasaki ~ 1st Defense.
(5) Asia Tag Championship Match: [89th Champions] “Junior Stars” Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto vs. [Challengers] “Baka Hentai Tag” Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato ~ 3rd Defense.
(6) Special 6 Man Tag Match: Takao Omori, Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoueno vs. Masahiro Chono, Suwama & Joe Doering
(7) Special Tag Match: Keiji Mutoh & Ric Flair vs. Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION] & Seiya Sanada
All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2013 New Year Shining Series”, 1/19/2013 [Sat] 18:00 @ Yokohama Radiat Hall in Kanagawa 300 Spectators
(1) Andy Woo vs. MAZADA (2) Kaz Hayashi & Jimmy Yang vs. Tomoaki Honma [G-TALENT] & Kazushi Miyamoto [Tenryu Project] (6) Triple Crown & Asia Tag Prelude 8 Man Tag Match: Masakatsu Funaki, Masayuki Kono, Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto vs. Akebono, Ryota Hama, Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION
(3) KENSO vs. SUSHI (4) Seiya Sanada vs. Masanobu Fuchi (5) Takao Omori, Manabu Soya & Yasufumi Nakanoueno vs. Suwama, Joe Doering & Shuji Kondo
Follow me as I talk as I talk about Puroresu / プロレス (Japanese Pro Wrestling), Post Videos, Talk Matches, and do my best to spread the Puroresu Love!