LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING results for July 19, 2014
LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING, 7/19/2014 [Sat] 17:30 @ BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM, 2nd Stadium in Osaka 1,100 Spectators
(1) Alexander Otsuka & Noboyuki Kurashima vs. Super Tiger & Ryuta Hasumi ◆Winner: Super Tiger (6:30) following a Back Spin Kick on Kurashima.
(2) Mach Hayato & Kurokage vs. NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA ◆Winner: MAZADA (12:51) following a Vertical Fall style Fisherman Buster on Kurokage.
(3) Koji Kanemoto & Tatsuhito Takaiwa vs. Hiro Saito & Bear Fukuda ◆Winner: Kanemoto (15:13) with a Moonsault Press on Fukuda.
(4) Teacher vs Student Showdown 3: Masakatsu Funaki [W-1] vs. LEONA ◆Winner: Funaki (8:45) following the Hybrid Blaster.
(5) Mitsuya Nagai & Akitoshi Saito [NOAH] vs. Zeus & The Bodyguard [both FREE] ◆Winner: Saito (12:25) following a Sliding Sickle Death on Bodyguard.
(6) Main Event 6 Man Tag Match: Tatsumi Fujinami, Riki Choshu & First Tiger Mask vs. “DESPERADO” Masayuki Kono, KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Rene Dupree ◆Winner: Tiger Mask (8:04) with a Tiger Suplex Hold on KAZMA.
3 weeks ago
RJPW results for July 2, 2014
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “DIG UP ~ Hakkutsu ~”, 7/2/2014 [Wed] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo 1,549 Spectators (crowded)
———————————————————- Tiger Mask came out and announced that due to injury to his left foot that he would not be able to compete in the main event today. Super Tiger will be competing in his place, as well as competing in the semi-final match. ———————————————————-
(1) Super Rider [RJPW] vs. Wakashoyo [RJPW] ◆Winner: Wakashoyo (5:11) with a Canadian Backbreaker.
(2) MasaoOrihara [Mobius] & Chikara [Momota] vs. Gran Hamada [FREE] & Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP] ◆Winner: Masato (14:52) following a Lariat on Chikara.
(3) Alexander Otsuka [AO/DC] & Shingo Garyu [FREE] vs. Kazuhiko Ogasawara [Kiwamumichi Hall] & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] ◆Winner: Garyu (11:55) with a German Suplex Hold on Ogasawara.
(4) Minoru Suzuki [Pancrase MISSION] & Akitoshi Saito [NOAH] vs. Hideki Suzuki [FREE] & Hayato Mashita [RJPW] ◆Winner: Saito () following the Sickle Death on Mashita. ~ Plenty of heat was shown between Minoru and Hideki, both inside and outside the ring.
(5) Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION], Riki Choshu [RikiPro] & Super Tiger vs. Tatsuhito Takaiwa [FREE], Taka Kunou [Team Ota] & Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] ◆Winner: Fujinami (13:20) with a Figure 4 Leg Lock on Takaiwa.
(6) Masakatsu Funaki [WRESTLE-1] & Super Tiger vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara [Fujiwara-gumi] & Great Tiger ◆Winner: Great Tiger (14:20) via referee stop, with a Cross Armbar on Super Tiger. ~ Funaki and Fujiwara faced for the first time in 23 years. ~ Great Tiger claimed the win over the reigning Legend Champion Super Tiger and looks to be wanting a match for the belt.
Notes: 2 / 1 month ago
[LEGEND News] Tatsumi Fujinami announced the headlining match for the upcoming LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING show coming up on July 19th in Osaka.
Fujinami announced that he will be teaming with Riki Choshu and The First Tiger Mask as they take on W-1’s hell unit “DESPERADO”, Masayuki Kono, KAZMA SAKAMOTO, and Rene Dupree. DESPERADO has been a thorn in the side of Fujinami’s son LEONA during his first ever tour with W-1 and Fujinami has taken it upon himself to challenge the group for the upcoming show. Kono sent a message to Fujinami stating that the he doesn’t not care if the “elderly” want to challenge his group as when they win it’ll do nothing but make DESPERADO stronger. Fujinami stated that if Kono wants to mock us and play the bully to LEONA that they, Fujinami, Choshu & Tiger, will show some proper retaliation back.
Only one match has been announced for the show at this time.
LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING, 7/19/2014 [Sat] 17:30 @ BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM, 2nd Stadium in Osaka
(-) Main Event 6 Man Tag Match: Tatsumi Fujinami, Riki Choshu & First Tiger Mask vs. “DESPERADO” Masayuki Kono, KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Rene Dupree
Also scheduled to compete: LEONA Koji Kanemoto Akitoshi Saito Hiro Saito Mitsuya Nagai Tatsuhito Takaiwa Super Tiger Alexander Otsuka Zeus The Bodyguard NOSAWA Rongai MAZADA Bear Fukuda Miracle Man Black Shadow Noboyuki Kurashima Ryuta Hasumi
RJPW [Legend: Super Tiger vs Masashi Aoyagi] results for January 19, 2014
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling, 1/19/2014 [Sun] 15:00 @ Act City Hamamatsu in Shizuoka
(1) Super Rider vs. Kotaro Nasu [U-FILE CAMP] ◆Winner: Super Rider (9:10) following a Rider Kick.
(2) Masao Orihara [Mobius] & Hayato Mashita vs. Wakashoyo [Free] & Kenji Takeshima [Sportiva] ◆Winner: Orihara (10:15) with a Michinoku Driver II on Takeshima.
(3) Taka Kunou [Team Akira Ota] vs. Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP] ◆Winner: Kunou (2:05) with a Jumping rolling cross-ambar.
(4) Great Tiger [Unknown] vs. Bear Fukuda [SECRET BASE] ◆Winner: Great Tiger (9:16) following a Diving Knee Attack.
(5) Legend Championship Match: [Champion] Super Tiger vs. [Challenger] Masashi Aoyagi [Seishin Hall] ◆Winner: Super Tiger (8:20) with a German Suplex Hold.
(6) Main Event 6 Man Tag Match: First Tiger Mask, Riki Choshu [RikiPro] & Gran Hamada [Free] vs. Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION], Alexander Otsuka [AO/DC] & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] ◆Winner: Tiger Mask (12:24) with a Tiger Suplex Hold on Hikaru.
Notes: 3 / 6 months ago
LEGEND results for January 13, 2014
LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING 2014 “Legend 40th Anniversary Event”, 1/13/2014 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo 1,890 Spectators
(1) 6 Man Tag Match: Mitsuya Nagai [DRADITION], Bear Fukuda [SECRET BASE] & Nobuyuki Kurashima [DRADITION] vs. Alexander Otsuka [AODC], Super Tiger [RJPW] & Hayato Mashita [RJPW] ◆Winner: Nagai (12:11) following the Hyper Knee Kuuga (Swandive knee strike) on Mashita.
(2) Gran Hamada & El Solar vs. NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA ◆Winner: Solar (14:45) with a Solar style Mexican Stretch on MAZADA. ~ This match was originally to be scheduled between First Tiger Mask vs. El Solar, but due to injury Tiger would be unable to compete. This tag match was made in its place. ~ Solar received a strong reception from the fans after the match. ~ Solar met with Tiger backstage and Tiger stated that he will have a match with Solar when he is able to return. This match between the two is roughly near 33 years in the making, spanning back from their match in NJPW on 9/23/1981.
(3) Akitoshi Saito [Free] vs. Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] ◆Winner: Sekimoto (16:02) with a Deadlift German Suplex. ~ Sekimoto and Saito continued to standoff after the match, but ultimately shook hands.
(4) Hiro Saito [DRADITION] & AKIRA [WNC] vs. Jushin Thunder Liger [NJPW] & Manabu Nakanishi [NJPW] ◆Winner: Nakanishi (12:44) with the Argentine Backbreaker on Saito.
(5) Tomohiro Ishii [RikiPro/NJPW] vs. Yuji Okabayashi [BJW] ◆Winner: Ishii (17:08) following a Vertical Drop style Brainbuster.
◆Winner: Choshu (9:49) following the Riki Lariat on LEONA. ~ Choshu shook both Fujinami’s hands, then LEONA bowed to all four directions to the audience. ~ Tatsumi thanked the fans for coming out today and that he hopes to see the continued growth of his son in 2014.
Notes: 4 / 7 months ago
[LEGEND/DRADITION News] It has been announced that Tatsumi Fujinami will be teaming with his son LEONA (Leona Fujinami) for the very first time on January 13, 2014 in LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo.
The LEGEND executive committee released the statement today (11/2) that Tatsumi and LEONA will be teaming together as they take on the team of Riki Choshu and Yukio Sakaguchi, Yukio  is the eldest son of Seiji Sakaguchi. This will mark LEONA’s 2nd match as a professional wrestler, following his debut on November 19th, and a major step forward as he teams with his father.
The eternal rivalry between Tatsumi and Riki Choshu has been going on for nearly 30 years now and it appears that LEONA will now witness it for himself. LEONA will also face against Yukio Sakaguchi who he himself is a 2nd generation wrestler. This will also mark the first time that Tatsumi and Yukio will be in the ring against one another.
It was noted that when LEONA was informed of this match that he showed a bit of tension in his face with being up against Yukio Sakaguchi. LEONA stated that he is looking forward to any and all tests before him and he is honored to be in a match with all these guys who have so much experience. He stated that he is practicing every day to become stronger and that he is determined to show his fullest at the this next match.
More matches were also announced for the show.
LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING 2014 “Legend40th Anniversary Event”, 1/13/2014 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
() 6 Man Tag Match: MitsuyaNagai [DRADITION],BearFukuda [SECRET BASE] &Nobuyuki Kurashima[DRADITION] vs. Alexander Otsuka [AODC], Super Tiger [RJPW] & Hayato Mashita [RJPW] () Akitoshi Saito [Free] vs. Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] () Tomohiro Ishii [NJPW] vs. Yuji Okabayashi [BJW] () Hiro Saito [DRADITION] & AKIRA [WNC] vs. Jushin Thunder Liger [NJPW] & Manabu Nakanishi [NJPW]
Osamu Nishimura & Manabu Soya vs. Riki Choshu & Tatsuhito Takaiwa from March 14, 2009 at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo.
Masanobu Fuchi & Kazushi Miyamoto vs. Zodiac & Yasufumi Nakanoueno from March 21, 2011 at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo
Notes: 3 / 1 year ago
[Riki Choshu News] I have read multiple reports on Japanese news sites that are stating that Riki Choshu will finally be retiring, for good, as of next year (2014).
Riki Choshu  originally retired from professional wrestling back on January 4, 1998 at the NJPW’s Tokyo Dome show when he wrestled 5 guys in one night. From there Choshu would move on to be the active booker in NJPW. His retirement then would only last 2 and a half years as he would return to face Atsushi Onita in a deathmatch on July 30th of 2000. Choshu stated at that time that he would not use the word “retire” again.
At this time, Choshu stated that there are no plans for him to hold a retirement ceremony and would finally call it quits with his 40th anniversary as a professional wrestler coming up in August of 2014. Choshu made his debut way back in August of 1974 and at this times though it seems that he "does" plan to hold a special 40th anniversary show.
[LEGEND News] The First Tiger Mask and one of his top students in Tiger Shark were a part of a press conference to talk to the press about their upcoming matches against Atsushi Onita and Ichiro Yaguchi.
During the event, Atsushi Onita and Ichiro Yaguchi invaded the hall and Onita stated that he wants a deathmatch. A perfect deathmatch. Onita stated that they need to be prepared for the Osaka show on July 12th and then slapped Tiger Shark and threw white powder into his eyes. Tiger Mask intervened to stop the Jado duo from further assaulting his student. Onita and Yaguchi would then leave the room. This left Tiger with a decision to make and he announced the potential perfect match that Onita would want. A Texas Strap Deathmatch, a Cross Style Four Tomoe Texas Strap (Tornado Tag) Deathmatch. What this means is that all 4 men will be tied together with straps and neither team will be able to escape from each other. Tiger Shark stated, in anger, that he will bring nothing but fight to Onita, and will not take what he just did lightly.
[LEGEND News] LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING announced that they will be running two shows on July 12th and the 14th as well as the full event cards for said shows.
The main attraction of the two shows will see the Tiger Mask and Atsushi Onita feud will be continuing on following Onita, and his crew, assaulting Tiger on the last Real Japan show on June 7th. Tiger Mask will be teaming with one of his top students in Tiger Shark as they take on Onita and his own student in Ichiro Yaguchi on both shows. As much as Tiger has stood his ground against Onita in over the last year, Onita has come back with a new underhanded tactic to attack Tiger both mentally and physically.
In addition, the main event match on the July 12th show will see a tag match held in Yoshiaki Fujiwara’s honor as he is currently celebrating his 40th Anniversary as a pro wrestler. Fujiwara will be teaming with Tatsumi Fujinami as they take on Riki Choshu and AKIRA.
Below are the announced event cards for both upcoming shows.
[DRADITION News] Leona Fujinami’s special exhibition match opponent has been announced as he takes on fellow “U.W.F. Snake Pit Japan” training partner in Ryuta Hasumi. This will not be his debut as a professional wrestler, but an earlier showing of his skills to the public for the first time, hence an exhibition match. Hasumi has been training in the Snake Pit since March of 2010 and has been pushing to become a professional since June of 2011. Yuko Miyato, pictured left, will be the acting official for the match as he is the head trainer and coach at the UWF Snake Pit Japan.
Below is the card for the upcoming show.
DRADITION “Return to the Origin ~ BATTLE NEW VIBRATION 2013”, 5/29/2013 [Wed] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Nobuyuki Kurashima vs. MAX Miyazawa (2) Gran Hamada & Hiro Saito vs. NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA (3) Mitsuya Nagai, Alexander Otsuka [AODC] & Bear Fukuda [Secret Basce] vs. Akitoshi Saito [Free], Tomoaki Honma [G-Talent] & Kazushi Miyamoto [Tenryu Project]
[LEGEND News] A press conference was held for LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING with Tatsumi Fujinami, First Tiger Mask and Riki Choshu, as an announcement was made that Fujinami and Choshu will meet in singles competition on July 14th. They will also meet in a tag match just a few days before their singles match on July 12th, as Fujnami teams with Hiro Saito to take on Choshu and AKIRA. Fujinami and Choshu have a rival history dating back all the way to the 80’s and it seems that this next meeting could very well be touted as their final singles encounter? Though if we know anything with wrestling, don’t ever count anything out. It has been near a year and a half since both men have had a singles match, with both looking forward to the meeting, as well as aiming to do their best.
Tiger Mask is continuing to improve his physical condition and hopes to be near perfect condition by the time of the shows in July. No matches have been determined for Tiger at this time.
[ZERO1 News] Pro Wrestling ZERO1 held a press conference to announce some of the matches that will be headlining the upcoming Yasukuni Shrine show on March 31.
Among the announced matches was also the main event which will see Shinjiro Otani and Masato Tanaka teaming with a pro-wrestling legend in Riki Choshu. They will be taking on the team of Akebono, James Raideen and Zeus. Otani spent much of his early career watching Riki Choshu compete and he feels that by adding a wrestler of his caliber to the match will truly be an honor for pro wrestling.
James Raideen said that he is honored to be apart of the Yasukuni Shrine show this year and it will be a dream to compete in the match. Raideen’s goal is to learn from every match and he will be studying much from Choshu and even from his own tag partner in Akebono.
Also announced is that Kohei Sato will be facing off against Ikuto Hidaka. Hidaka is aware of the size he is giving up to Sato, but there is much that the two can accomplish in the ring with their own styles. Hidaka is grateful for the match and the chance to make this his dedication to pro wrestling. He is ready to stand in the ring against Sato.
Yoshikazu Yokoyama will be taking on Real Japan’s Hayato Mashita, once again, in the ZERO1 ring. These two last faced off earlier this year with Yokoyama emerging the victor. Mashita has been preparing himself for an inevitable rematch and he hopes to prove himself as a true disciple of The First Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama).
As previously mentioned, Daichi Hashimoto is expected to return for the show, but due to the injury he sustained it is unclear if he will be able to compete at this time. It would be irresponsible to list him on the show at this time, Otani said.
ZERO1 “10th Annual Dedication Pro-Wrestling Memorial Event ~ Yamato Shinshu Chikara Festival”, 3/31/2013 [Sun] 13:00 @ Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo
(-) Single Match: Yoshikazu Yokoyama vs. Hayato Mashita [RJPW] (-) 6 Man Tag Match: Takuya Sugawara, Mineo Fujita & Yuki Sato [K-DOJO] vs. Craig Classic, Jack Anthony & Jason New (-) Single Match: Kohei Sato vs. Ikuto Hidaka (-) Dedication Pro-Wrestling Memorial Match: Shinjiro Otani, Masato Tanaka & Riki Choshu vs. Akebono, James Raideen & Zeus
~ 2-3 more matches are expected to be announced for the show.
[DRADITION News] A press conference was held for DRADITION to announce that they will be holding a show on May 29, as well two of the matches that will be held on the show.
Fujinami, Tiger Mask, Funaki and AKIRA were on hand for the press conference. Fujinami started off by saying that this is the first step for himself to make a new impact, something exciting, and that is why he chose Funaki as one of his opponents. Fujinami is familiar with Funaki from watching over him in practice in the mid-1980’s and up until Funaki left to MMA. Funaki has sense made himself a name in Japan from his time in MMA and now being the reigning All Japan Triple Crown Champion.
Because of their connection when Funaki was starting out, Funaki feels that this match has a pretty special feeling already for himself, and hopefully for the fans as well.
There was also mention that Tatsumi Fujinami’s eldest son, Leona Fujinami , could “potentially” be making his debut on the show.
Below you can see all that has been announced at this time.
DRADITION “Return to the Origin ~ BATTLE NEW VIBRATION 2013”, 5/29/2013 [Wed] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
Announced Matches: (-) Riki Choshu & Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] & Kazuki Hashimoto [BJW] (-) Tatsumi Fujinami & The First Tiger Mask [RJPW] vs. Masakatsu Funaki [AJP] & AKIRA [WNC]
~ Announced to be competing: TAJIRI, Hiro Saito, Mitsuya Nagai, Bear Fukuda, Noboyuki Kurashima, Gran Hamada, Alexander Otsuka, Akitoshi Saito, Tomoaki Honma, Kazushi Miyamoto, MAZADA, NOSAWA Rongai, Shinya Ishikawa, MAX Miyazawa…