[All Japan News] All Japan held a press conference for the upcoming Korakuen Hall show on February 23.
Everyone involved in the 5 All Japan vs. Burning singles matches that are set to headline the show were on hand for the press conference. The World Tag Team Champions Takao Omori & Manabu Soya, the World Junior Champion Shuji Kondo, Hiroshi Yamato and Kaz Hayashi from All Japan then Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki and Atsushi Aoki who make up Burning.
Akiyama, Kanemaru and Kotaro Suzuki have already been competing for All Japan for the last month and have had endless heated battles against Takao Omori, Manabu Soya and Shuji Kondo during this short time.
February 23 will see the All Japan debut of Go Shiozaki and the first match of Atsushi Aoki since the split from Pro Wrestling NOAH and the formation of Burning.
Shuji Kondo specifically stated that he wants to see All Japan clinch the 5-0 victory over Burning and as well as defend his World Junior belt. Yoshinobu Kanemaru on the other hand is aiming to claim the belt and carry the momentum for Burning.
Jun Akiyama and Takao Omori are far from strangers and the two have been at the center of the Burning invasion. The two will meet in singles action for the first time since the formation of the new Burning. This singles match will also be a prelude to the World Tag match that will be held on March 17. Which speaking of which the other two involved in that World Tag match in Manabu Soya and Go Shiozaki will also be in singles competition. Manabu prides himself in being one of the strongest wrestlers in All Japan, let alone in Japan, and the wild man will be seeking to put Shiozaki out with the Wild Bomber. Shiozaki on the other hand uses a Lariat as one of his main moves and he has stated that he will show the strength of Burning.
The President of All Japan, Masayuki Uchida, closed out the press event by urging that All Japan work together and carry the momentum for each wrestler from match to match.
Masahiro Chono, All Japan’s adviser, has also been announced to be at the show.
Below is the full card for the upcoming show.
All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2013 Excite Series”, 2/23/2013 [Sat] 18:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Masanobu Fuchi & Andy Woo vs. Tomoaki Honma & Kazushi Miyamoto
(2) KENSO & Reid Flair vs. Yutaka Yoshie & SUSHI
(3) GAORA TV Championship Prelude Tag Match: Seiya Sanada & Yasufumi Nakanoueno vs. Masayuki Kono & Minoru Tanaka
(4) Triple Crown Prelude Elimination Tag Match: Masakatsu Funaki, Akebono, Ryota Hama & Koji Kanemoto vs. Suwama, Joe Doering, Hikaru Sato & MAZADA
(5) All Japan Pro-Wrestling vs Burning 5 Big Singles Match Series: Hiroshi Yamato vs. Atsushi Aoki
(6) All Japan Pro-Wrestling vs Burning 5 Big Singles Match Series: Kaz Hayashi vs. Kotaro Suzuki
(7) All Japan Pro-Wrestling vs Burning 5 Big Singles Match Series: Manabu Soya vs. Go Shiozaki
(8) All Japan Pro-Wrestling vs Burning 5 Big Singles Match Series: Takao Omori vs. Jun Akiyama
(9) All Japan Pro-Wrestling vs Burning 5 Big Singles Match Series ~ World Junior Heavy Championship Match: [34th Champion] Shuji Kondo vs. [Challenger] Yoshinobu Kanemaru
~ 1st Defense.